Our mission is to speak about, love like and serve like Jesus.
Being captivated by God, we at Eagle Vale Anglican Church are a community of people who seek to live for Jesus, our Lord and Saviour, while we wait for him to return. We participate in God gathering people to himself from all nations to see his glory in Jesus, and be his holy people. Therefore, empowered by the Spirit, our mission is to use all God has given us to speak to people about Jesus and love and serve people following his example. Speaking, loving and serving are intertwined activities, however each has unique elements we seek to fulfil:
Is 66:18-24; Ez 36:22; Mk 10:45; 1 Cor 10:31-11:1; 2 Cor 5:15; Gal 5:16-26; Eph 5:1,2; Col 3:1-4
Being passionate about God’s word, we seek to share it with those who don’t yet trust Jesus for salvation and call on them to accept the forgiveness he offers. We also seek to build up believers through truthfully speaking that word to each other. Both of these activities are the joyful responsibility of the whole church. Going beyond the region, Eagle Vale Anglican Church partners with missionaries and organisations that speak the word throughout Australia and the world.
Mt 28:18-20; Lk 24:45-49; Eph 4:11-16; Col 3:16
We speak about Jesus together and with others because we love God and love people. In love for our brothers and sisters, we seek to help them grow in their faith, perservere with joy and be continually transformed to be like Jesus; helping them live holy lives. This includes pastoring, encouraging, caring for, rebuking and praying for them. We also pray for those that don’t believe and seek to love them in many other ways. This includes speaking to them about Jesus and serving them.
Mt 7:1-5; Jn 17:20-23; Eph 4:29-5:2; Col 3:5-14, 4:2-6; 2 Thes 3:1,2
We are called to help people in their need, in the above ways and others. Whether across the church hall, the community or the world, Eagle Vale Anglican Church seeks to find ways to do good to others in Jesus’ name. We seek to form relationships with other churches and organisations to enhance our ability to serve.
Mt 5:14-16, 25:34-40; Heb 13:16; 1 Jn 3:17,18
With the aim of bringing glory to God through his Spirit and power, our vision for the future is to increasingly be a church of Jesus-centred people who have been built up in him. Through reaching out to the community, we will be a church where many more have been welcomed to God’s family as they have begun new lives in Christ; and our heart for the world will have seen us go to God’s work further afield and participate in it from where we are. Building on the foundation already laid, we will continue to work toward this vision, and eagerly await the perfection of God’s church in the new creation.
As part of our vision to be built up in Jesus, it is our aim that more and more:
– our lives will reveal our faith, hope and love; our prayerfulness, thankfulness, generosity, joy and perseverance, (Eph 6:18-20; Phil 4:4-7; Col 1:3-8; Jas 1:2-4; 1 Tm 6:11-19)
– each person will be encouraged and spurred on to love and good works through the relationships we have with each other. These are to be characterised by the giving and receiving of the word of God, and through serving each other and using our gifts in love, (Heb 10:19-25;1 Cor 12-14; Rom 12:3-8; 1 Pt 4:10,11)
– people are identified and trained as leaders, so God’s work continues into the future, (2 Tim 2:2)
– people will be saved and added to the Church. (Eph 4:11-16)
As part of our vision to reach out to people, it is our aim to realise a future where:
– we will all have been equipped to speak about Jesus to people and love and serve God in our families, church, workplace and wider community; and serving them through acts of kindness, (1 Pt 3:15,16; Eph 4:11-16; Col 4:5,6; Mt 5:16)
– connections will have been made with every person in our region, and to have shared with them the news of the salvation Jesus offers, (Eph 4:11; Col 4:5,6)
– relationships with schools, other churches and organisations will have been created and further strengthened to fuel the spreading of God’s word deeply through the region, (Lk 24:44-49)
As part of our vision to go to the world, it is our aim that more and more:
– we will have hearts full of love for people everywhere; and will pray continually for the salvation of the world’s people and pray for and support persecuted believers to remain strong; and work to help fight poverty and injustices, (Gal 6:10; 2 Thes 3:1-5)
– having responded to God’s call to go, many more people from among us will be sent to other parts of the country and world to share the good news of Jesus, and those continuing to serve God locally will give them and others our support in various ways. (Mt 28:18-20; Acts 2:45)
As we place this vision before us, it is our prayer that God will be glorified through everything we do.